Is there a standard price for locksmith services?
15 Monday 2017 May
Locksmiths are an integral part of our life. We all need them at some point or the other to keep our home, office and other properties safe and secure. However, have you ever wondered about the price for the standard locksmith services? How would you be sure of the amount to be paid to the locksmith for the required set of work?
Here are 11 tips to save yourself from paying any extra amountor incurring any hidden chargesto a locksmith:
- The cost of the locksmith services vary depending upon the location of your house or your car, where you have locked yourself out. If the distance is more, the price will go up.
- You can call two or three different locksmiths to get an estimate for the said work. However, don’t get fooled if a particular locksmith asks for less amount; they may not be as skilled as others.
- You should provide maximum information about the lock system; such as the make or model of the lock, the material used on the door; specifications like whether it is made from metal or wood. This gives the locksmiths a better idea about the time and effort that needs to be put to fix the lock. Hence, they can come up with a proper rate quote and should not ask for any extra charges after the job done.
- Do not let a locksmith services company dispatch a locksmith until they give you a rate quote. This will help in not incurring any extra charges to the locksmith after he fixes the problem on your lock.
- Ask for the professional certification or license to show before they start working or changing the lock system of your house or office.
- For more validity and extra assurance, you can also check for their DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate issued in their name. This will make you feel safe when the locksmith is at work.
- You should confirm about the company insurance, should there be any damage of your property while the locksmith is on the job.
- You should always check for the feedbacks and reviews of previous clients before you assign a particular locksmith to fix the security system of your house.
- In case of an emergency situation, a locksmith services company may charge a flat amount for visiting your location. You should always confirm about the amount with the locksmith agency while you get a rate quote from them.
- If it is not an emergency situation, you can book a prior appointment with a locksmith providing all the specifications of yourhouse or office lock system and get a rate quotation well in advance.
- The simpler the lock, the less amount would be charged by a locksmith to fix it. However, the more complicated or advanced the lock system is (like electronic or biometric locks), the amount required would be more by the locksmith to fix it.