How safe is your house during a powerfailure?
10 Wednesday 2017 May
Keeping your home safe and secure all the time has always been a home owner's priority. Burglars always try to barge in during a time when your house is more susceptible to security failure.And, power outage is the time when your house is expected to have the least amount of security. You should ensure that your house is secure adequately at all time of the day, even during power failure. You should put in some effort and time to keep your house security system functional even at the most unexpected situation like power outage.
Here are a few tips to keep your house safe and secure to optimum level even during power failure.
- Know about your security system: You should know how much security does your existing security system provides you all the time. Does it provide enough security during power disruption?
- Security system with battery backup: You can prepare for handling situations like power failure well in advance.You can choose a home security system with a battery backup facility. If there is a power disruption, it should be run on the battery mode.
- Emergency or auxiliary power system: Check all the door and window locks, alarm system and CCTV cameras and get them all connected to the same power system. Set up your security system in such a way thatif there is a power failure, they should automatically switch over to the emergency or auxiliary power system.
- Power backup system: You shouldpay attention and check your generator – the power back up system time to time to make sure it is in running condition. Generally people do not pay any heed towards the power back up system as generally there is no power outage and they face a problem when there is one.
- Check for any repairing requirements of your lock system:You should check your lock system time to time and pay attention to any repairing needs or upgrade them to discard any situation which may prevent to provide optimum safety to your house.
- Opt for security alarm system with a battery backup: Security alarm system is an important aspect in keeping and maintaining your home safety and security. Choosing a battery powered alarm system which remain operational during power failure is a good way to keep your house safe.
- Ensure doors and windows are locked when there is a power outage: To enhance the level of safety of your house, you should ensure all your doors and windows are locked during power outage. You should also keep your garage doors locked properly all the time.
- Traditional Lock System: The budget for your home securityis an important factor while deciding the home security system. You can also opt for deadbolt locks for your doors and windowswhich are heavier and sturdier compared to spring latch locks.
- Call your security service provider during an emergency: For anything else, if you ever come across a situation when you cannot handle the safety measures of your house – just call and inform your security service providers. They should be attending you at the earliest.